Workshop: Drawing for Pleasure and Expression
Take your drawing to the next level in this studio workshop! Explore different mediums of drawing--pen, pencil, charcoal, Conté, ink, colored pencil, and more--or work toward mastering one.
Learn the language of drawing and apply the elements of line, mass, value, and color for powerful impact.
Establish the underlying concept of your drawings while practicing techniques for getting expressive abstract or convincing realistic drawings.
- Drawing for Accuracy & Expression
- The Role of Line & Value in Drawing
- Building Shape & Volume
- Exploring the Basic Art Element of Texture
- Creating the Illusion of Space
- Color & Its Possibilities in Drawing
- Gaining Insights from Drawing Through the Ages
A minimal amount of basic drawing supplies are needed to get started. Bring a sack lunch. Tea will be provided.
This workshop includes useful handouts and a “Next Step Plan” to further your studies after the workshop. Drawing teaches seeing; come “see” with us!